Sparse 0.6.1 released
Revision as of 23:48, 13 October 2019
Sparse v0.6.1 is now out.
It's a small, 74 patches, release containing mainly small fixes and improvements:
- improve build & test support for distros, mainly Debian
- stop warning on externally_visible functions without a prototype
- accept casts of __user/__iomem/... pointers to/from uintptr_t
- fix the underlying type of some enumeration values
- fix a build problem for sparse-llvm by using 'llvm-config --cppflags'
- conditionals (?:) may now be considered as constants if the condition is
- some error messages are now clearer or more coherent
- add missing expansion of compound literals
- improve parsing & checking of asm operands
- add missing expansion of asm operands
- expand some more builtins with constant operands (ffs, clz, ...)
- fix sparsec with recent version of cygwin
- fix crashes with some tools on toplevel asm.
Many thanks to people who have contributed to this release: Uwe Kleine-König, Ramsay Jones, Randy Dunlap, Thomas Weißschuh, Dan Carpenter, Jann Horn, Ben Dooks, Vegard Nossum, Aurelien Aptel, Oliver Hartkopp, Linus Torvalds and Ilya Maximets.
The source code can be found at its usual repository:
The tarballs are found at: